I branched out before the holidays into making SCARVES. My first attempt was for Killian. Honestly, a big hit. But so loooooong to make. Over a week!
|Before fringes were added|
Of course, Ella wanted one too (even if I'd already made her a cute light blue cowl with matching hat). So I made her one, but with thicker yarn and with an awesome pattern of k1, yo, k2tog, k1.
|Miss Ella walking with purse (and scarf)|
This last scarf opened up a ton of new ideas. I was inspired by this model, thanks to ImagiKnit in the Castro.
Of course, I didn't have any yarn that thick so I just improvised with these two skeins of wool in alpaca I had purchased a while back (Bouton d'Or in Divine Mustang). I had actually tried to make a cowl with this yarn but it was too difficult to knit in the round for some reason. Maybe the needles were too small or I hadn't experienced knitting enough to manage. Using size 10 1/2 needles in bamboo turned out to be perfect.
|Alpaca - love it!|
I began the above-mentioned pattern and probably knitted fifty rows before I made a big mistake. I kept on, thinking it wouldn't matter but I have to say, it looked really bad. So, I undid the whole thing, which turned out to be quite the job as the yarn was so fuzzy, it kept getting tangled and knotted.
|Au tout début...|
|En cours de route|